How to Obtain your FedEx Account Credentials?
This article provides step-by-step instructions to help you obtain your FedEx account credentials so that you can calculate FedEx shipping rates, print labels, and track the shipment with ReachShip.
You need to follow the below steps to obtain your FedEx credentials:
- Create an account in FedEx
- Login to FedEx Developer Resource Center
- Get the FedEx production credentials
Create an account in FedEx
To create a FedEx account, visit https://www.fedex.com/en-us/create-account.html
Click GET BUSINESS ACCOUNT.
Enter your name, email address, and phone number. Create your user ID and password. And, choose a secret question and enter your answer.
Accept the terms and conditions, and click Continue.
Add your company name and credit card information to the FedEx account. Also, choose the answers for the questions which are required to give an idea about your shipping needs to FedEx.
Login to FedEx Developer Resource Center
Once the registration is done, login to your account and visit the FedEX Developer Resource Center.
Go to the FedEx Web Services > Move to Production.
You will be redirected to the ‘FedEx Web Service Production Access Registration’ page.
Configure the details as follows:
- Choose ‘no’ (ideal) to the question – Do you intend to resell your software?
- Enable the option ‘FedEx Web Services’ for Shipping.
- Choose ‘Corporate Developer’ (based on the person who generates) for the field ‘Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx Integration Solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant:’.
The ‘FedEx Web Services End User License Agreement’ page will be displayed. Accept the agreement.
Get the FedEx production credentials
Fill up the ‘FedEx Contact Information’ with your FedEx Shipping Account Number to get the production credentials.
[Note: Get your Shipping Account Number by going to your FedEx shipping account profile > Account Management.]
Click ‘Get Your Key’. You will get the following details:
- FedEx Production Account Number
- FedEx Production Meter Number
- FedEx Production Web Service Key
You can view the account number on your profile > Account Management.
The Web Service Password will be sent to you via email.
Set up the Credentials in your ReachShip Account
You can enter these details into the ReachShip Settings tab and choose the required FedEx services that you want to be made available.
Click SAVE SETTINGS.
This is how you can obtain access to FedEx services for using ReachShip.
To know how to calculate the shipping costs of DHL, USPS, FedEx, and UPS, refer to the article – How to calculate shipping rates using ReachShip?